At Debonairs Pizza, everything we do has always been centred around the communities we serve. In that spirit, we joined the nation in heeding our President and government’s call to lockdown South Africa in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We salute and appreciate the strong leadership from the President and other leaders to flatten the curve, and give our frontline healthcare workers and facilities time to prepare for this pandemic. We also thank our frontline healthcare workers who selflessly work around the clock to manage this real threat to all of us.
As of 1 May 2020, the lockdown restrictions will be partially lifted to Level 4, which means that Debonairs Pizza will be opening for delivery. We’re excited to be able to deliver our amazing pizza to our customers once again. Unfortunately not all of our restaurants will be in a position to open for delivery only. While we would love to have all our restaurants open and serving our delicious pizzas across the country, the truth is that delivery only trading conditions are not viable for all our restaurants. Only restaurants that are successful in obtaining additional financial support in the form of (amongst others) rent relief, will be in a position to re-open without incurring further losses.
You can find out which Debonairs Pizza restaurants near you are open by visiting https://www.debonairspizza.co.za/we-are-back
We want to assure our customers that your health and safety has always been a top priority at Debonairs Pizza. Every restaurant that will be open has taken extra precautions and measures to ensure food safety and the safety of our teams and customers. These additional strict hygiene measures ensure that our Standard Operating Procedures are in line with the Health Department’s COVID-19 risk mitigation measures. Under Level 4 COVID-19 regulations, we’ve implemented the following measures:
- Limited staff at all times, with no overlapping shifts or non-essential staff (to limit contact and encourage social distancing).
- All staff and drivers are screened for symptoms at the beginning of each shift and during operation (including temperature checking). Staff that record symptoms are isolated and immediately sent for follow up testing and, if necessary, further treatment and isolation.
- All staff on site will wear face masks at all times.
- Strict handwashing and sanitation routines enforced. All back of house staff wash their hands every 20 minutes as well as after every time they have touched raw and cooked foods, packaging, surfaces, and going to the wash room.
- Limited contact with delivery couriers, which includes not allowing delivery couriers into the restaurant without a face mask and a maximum of 2 couriers in the restaurant at a time.
- No Contact Delivery protocols will be applied for all Debonairs Pizza Delivery Service Drivers.
For a comprehensive look at our health and safety procedures, please visit our website. Rest assured that we’ve considered our staff’s and customers’ health and safety throughout our operations, from preparing your meal right up to us delivering it to your door.
Please continue to stay home and stay safe. Together, we can flatten the curve and save South Africa.
The Debonairs Pizza Team